Take the load off of yourself in figuring out what to give the older people in your life. Order any of the items mentioned in the blog as a holiday gift. Place them in a basket or nice gift box. Here are a few ideas.
1. Always know where Grandma goes with a GPS watch 1 and GPS watch 2 (please read specs on sim card).
2. Help grandpa keep his shoes on. If the shoes require shoe strings, consider using elastic stretchable shoestrings so you can slip your foot in and out of the shoe. There are different types of elastic laces, even some for men's dress shoes, so find the best for you. And try using a long shoe horn to help put on the shoes. These make a nice stocking stuffer.
3. Does grandma keep dialing the wrong number? Here are the links to a few phones with large numbers. Cell phone 1, landline phone 2 and landline phone 3 .
4. Get a magazine organizer to catch those old papers and receipts that are usually stuffed in her pocketbook. Put it next to the bed.
5. Get a mini size refrigerator for the bedroom for cold drinks and for water for taking pills.
6. Nightlights so she doesn't go bump in the night. Some types turn on and off from from dusk to dawn or get a Himalayan salt nightlight which also acts as a stress reliever and an air purifier.
7. Make sure there is plenty of light and get a magnifying glass with a light or magnifying sheets when reading or looking at pictures.
8. Can never fail with a wrist watch that has large numbers on the face for women and for men.
9. For the kitchen, get special utensils which are easier for seniors to grip when eating. Or get a programmable slow cooker with an automatic warmer.
10. When it is cold outside, help grandma stay warm with a heated mattress pad.
11. Give the gift of creativity. Get the Arts In The House complete kit designed especially for seniors.